A full suite of relocation services.
Public agencies across the state of Louisiana depend on GCR to plan and implement the smooth relocation of residences and businesses displaced by public projects.
COMMUNICATION IS KEY
Communication is the cornerstone of our relocation services. By ensuring impacted residents and tenants are aware of their rights and benefits throughout the process, we gain the highest levels of cooperation to facilitate a smooth transition.
GCR has conducted diligent and thoughtful relocation assistance services since the founding legislation (Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policy Act of 1970) was implemented. Our staff is highly trained in the laws and regulations appropriate to the Uniform Act and all associated state and local requirements.
Our preliminary relocation plans identify special issues and minimize adverse impacts of displacement.
Our team obtains moving costs estimates, helps determine eligibility and amounts of relocation benefits, and prepares claim forms for processing and payment.
Our spectrum of relocation assistance services includes:
- Providing referrals and coordinating community resources
- Interacting with tenants, landlords, management companies, attorneys, and investigators to determining qualifications for benefits and required services
- Assisting the displaced in finding suitable replacement residential or business properties
- Providing multi-lingual, user-friendly descriptive materials about relocation programs
- Maintaining meticulous records that comply with reporting requirements
- Administering all relocation services in a professional, sensitive manner in accordance with appropriate federal, state, and local regulations